Duties And Responsibilities
• Execution of installations, patches, upgrades, system tuning, and production support, as necessary.
• Provide technical (hands-on) support for projects and/or operational issues, for all platforms.
• Develop, implement, and execute SAP BASIS / HANA DB policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of SAP systems in support of the SAP applications.
• Performance tuning methods for Oracle, HANA and SAP.
• Perform configuration, analysis, and troubleshooting of both ABAP and Java stacks.
• Backup and recovery experience for Oracle and HANA.
• Provide knowledge transfer to other members of the team.
• Perform system refreshes for QA, development, and training systems.
• Manage, plan, schedule, coordinate, and perform Quality Audits to ensure that SMG standards. are followed in all Basis work performed by the Basis and Infrastructure administrators.
• Manage and support multiple landscapes.
• Will participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, database administration or related discipline is required. or equivalent experience acceptable.
• Five to seven years of in-depth experience in the technical support of SAP systems including: network, database, and application server performance is required.
• At least 2 years of Hana Administration, Hana DB Backup, and recovery experience, including demonstrated ability to debug performance problems related to coding inefficiencies and SQL statement tuning. Experience with storage solutions and snapshot Technology is required.
• Demonstrated experience working well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments is required.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences. • In-depth understanding of SAP BASIS, SAP Hana, Oracle, LINUX, SAP Cloud platform. and network administration, including configuration, tuning, and recovery techniques is required.
• In-depth knowledge of all SAP components that encompass SAP environment is required.
Required personal skills/ abilities
• Strong customer focus and management of client expectations; ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence in IT's knowledge of and concern for users' business needs.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English (both oral and written (.
• Strong multi-tasking skills and abilities to handle changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. • Ability to work independently and in teams.